Me.

Hey guys. Im a sophmore at SHSU. I was put into the wash program this last year without knowing what exactly it was, but im loving it already. Hope i can get to know the class a little better over time. Message me if you need anything.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Modular Madness

Materials-Puzzle pieces. I think that it coresponds with its shape and i think the same shape could be made from a different object, but i think it would be difficult to make the same structure. The difficulty wasnt too bad actually. The piece was pretty easy to work with, im glad i chose it.
Process-The process was nice, i like how it turned out. The sculpture is definately larger and out of scale compared to the tiny puzzle pieces. My idea at the begin remained mostly the same, a kind of coral looking object.
Form? I dont think it distracts it at all. I think it makes you look at a puzzle in a completely different way.
Concept- My sculpture does not have anything to do with the puzzles history or anything.
Placement-There wasnt much thought gone into the placement of my piece actually. I know i wanted it on at black table clothe and on a round table. Black because i want it to fade into the table, like a coral to the bottom of the ocean. And round because my piece has a round feel to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment