Me.

Hey guys. Im a sophmore at SHSU. I was put into the wash program this last year without knowing what exactly it was, but im loving it already. Hope i can get to know the class a little better over time. Message me if you need anything.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Crossing the Line.

It was the summer of 02 and I was not just “a” rebel, I was “The” Rebel. I was 10 when I decided living at home was a total drag. My parents had just grounded me for shooting cars with rocks from my slingshot. I had had enough. I was in complete angst, I ran into my room and threw everything on my floor; clothes, books, toys, anything I could get my hands on. Then, I could hear it…walking down the hall to my room…My mother. I knew I was in for it this time. Suddenly I could hear a faint cry coming from my window. I could hear it, slowly coming to a scream. “RUN AWAY! ESCAPE, ESCAPE”…the words running through my mind. I knew what I had to do. Not even packing a bag or taking the time to put shoes on, I was busting out. I kicked the screen off my window and ran like hell! No regrets, I wasn’t looking back.
I ran to the main street crossing through the city and after 10 or so minutes an old man in a pickup truck pulled up next to me. Rolling down the window he asked “Hey, you alright? You need a ride somewhere?” Without thinking I jumped in the car! “Where you headed?” the stranger asked me. A quick thought raced through my head and I knew I had to get out. The man had white hair matching his white mustache and his dark glasses hid his eyes from me. Holding on tight, I knew the door-handle would be my only escape if needed. “What should I do? Where should I go?”’ were the thoughts racing through my head. “LIE, LIE” Were the answers to every question the man threw at me.  
It was getting dark and I decided I would go to the nearest place I knew of; Josey’s. Josey was my best friend, and I knew I could count on her to hide me away till morning. I gave the old man the directions and was there in less than 5 minutes. Like a bullet from a gun, I shot out the car door as soon as the tires squealed to a stop. I sprinted to the door and knocked, not thinking or caring if her parents opened it. As the door cracked open, Josey’s red hair popped out and pulled me in. Finally, I was inside. Putting my finger over my mouth signaling her to be quiet, I grabbed her hand and pulled her along with me as I sneaked through the house to her room. Once inside I told her everything, I knew she could keep a secret. While packing myself a sack and putting some borrowed shoes on, the door swung open and on the other side was Josey’s mom.
Without even asking a single question, she knew. I never understood how mothers were able to read minds, but now wasn’t the time to find out. As Josey ran to the kitchen to get me some food to take with me, I finished packing my escape bag. Within a short amount of time, I was climbing through the second window of the night. I sprinted through the yard as fast as Josey’s pink nikes would let me. I had finally gotten away, or so I thought. In an instant I was yanked back by the hand. My mind went wild with questions, “Who could it be? Had the old man come back for me? This is the end...” As I turned around to face my predator, I stared into the eyes of my worst nightmare. My dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment